Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sometimes there are no words—just heartache

I read my blogs and Facebook posts and the writers share their stories of themselves, their families and their thoughts about life in general.  You start following their stories and suddenly you feel like you are part of their lives.  And you are in a sense.  Friendships for me have developed just through the written word.  Sometimes I find their blogs because someone linked it in their post, sometimes I see them link it from Facebook or just word of mouth.  I have been following and praying daily for two Facebook friends and their children who have been in crisis recently.  I just read heartbreaking news about both of them back to back.  And sometimes all you can do is cry and ask why. 

This was the title of the blog post over at Shannon’s blog—The post in which my heart breaks.  You can visit Shannon over at Little Wonders.  To understand the reason for the post is to go back and read her story.  She has been trying to adopt Ethan.  He is medically fragile and needs this family.  Today she found out he is being transferred to another hospital.  She is losing the boy she has fought to adopt, the boy she has advocated for, her heart.  I can’t understand these things.  I again ask God why.  Why does he go away from the family who loves him and wants him?  What happens when he is transferred away?  This little boy has spent so much of his life in the hospital and with this family who wanted him from the first moment they saw him—he is being taken away from them.  I ask that you lift Shannon, Ethan and her family up in prayers during this difficult time.  She has an amazing faith despite all the doubts, fears and heartache. 

The other post I read tonight was Stephanie’s.  Her daughter Iris had open heart surgery recently and has been battling some big complications in the past few weeks.  Her post on Facebook was this:  Iris had a very rough morning today~she went into a Pulmonary Hypertension Crisis~her heart stopped & they had 2 code her & perform compressions on her chest 2 bring her back~they are not sure why this is happened~trying to stabilize her & get her into the cath lab 2 find answers~PLEASE CONTINUE STRONG PRAYERS.  They have recently started a blog.  You can find them here:  http://irisangels.blogspot.com/.  Please keep them all of them in prayer and pray for Iris to stabilize. 

This doesn’t even touch the surface of people needing prayers and support.  Sometimes I find my heart just hurts from the heartache of other people’s grief, sadness, despair, and troubles in general.  We are here to do God’s work, to share his love with others.  If I feel this pain, what does he feel?  I have been asking myself so many questions about suffering and why it is allowed.  I have searched for answers and have gotten them, yet I don’t feel a peace over the answers.  Maybe because my human needs are to be selfish and to ask God to stop all this suffering.  That it feels so unnecessary.  But I know that we are not to know all of God’s ways.  I know his people rise time and time again, through despair, sadness, grief and troubled times.  So I continue to look upward and to a promise that remains to this day.  Trust in HIM and he will never fail you. 

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 says--Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 

Philippians 4:6-7 says--- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalms 119:50---My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment