Sunday, February 6, 2011

Birthdays

This past Thursday my son celebrated a birthday.  It is a time to celebrate a special day for him and for us.  He came into this world already loved by us and by many others.  What a blessing that is, to be loved and to know that you are loved.  I am sure he does not realize the depth of our love for him.  I can't help but contrast that with children who have not been blessed to be born into a family who love them unconditionally.  Children who have never had someone to hold them and tell them that they are loved.  How can this be?  How can we bring children into the world only to abandon them?  To leave them in orphanages to have the same day play over and over for them?  To never feel a mother's kiss on their chubby cheeks, to not have someone wipe their tears away, to not have someone rock them to sleep, to never know what a bath feels like?  So many things that they have never experienced. I have prayed in my heart to hear what God's word is to me on this very subject.  I know that I am to keep praying for these children, to do whatever I possibly can to help their plight out of these orphanages.  I want all of these children to be celebrated just like my son was this past week.  I want someone to sing Happy Birthday to them.  I want them to eat cake and blow out candles and thank God for another year.  We can help these children.  Every prayer, every dollar makes a difference.  Consider Reece's Rainbow if you want to make a difference in the lives of children whose birthdays do make a difference.  At 5 years of age, these children leave the baby orphanges to go to a mental institution to live the rest of their lives out.  If we can save them before that happens, we will change the outcome of their lives.  If you are thinking of adoption, please think of these children.  Give them the chance that they deserve.  If adoption is not in your plans, consider being a prayer warrior or a monetary donor.  You can make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment