Wednesday, October 19, 2011

L is for Love, Love, Love…31 for 21: Day 19

 

We covet it, abuse it, are blind to it, feel it in our souls, get hurt by it, overjoyed with it, can’t control it, judge it and are judged by it, misled by it, share it, keep it, hide it, are overcome by it, appreciate it and are defined by it.

There is no greater feeling in this world than to know love, share love and be loved.  We are defined by what we love, what kinds of love we share or don’t share, what we feel or don’t feel. 

Love is the great denominator of this world.  Why are we here on this Earth if not to love one another as Jesus loves us?  What purpose does life have if you have no love in it?  I think that every person on this Earth has felt some type of love for something or someone at some point in their life.  Is it that the love we share gets abused or discarded that we find ourselves filled with disgust, distrust and negativity?  Where does it all go wrong?  How do some people find joy and love in everything they do while others are eat up with misery?  I think you can choose to fill your life with love.  Share you heart with others.  The love you share will come back to you a hundred times over. 

I love the simple things such as Chick fil A lemonade and the smell of rain.  I love the big things such as my friends and family.  When I look back on my life, it has never been things that have defined my life, it has always been the people in my life and  the events I shared with these people. 

Speaking of love---I love the 21st chromosome!  Now you knew I was going here---how could I not since we are blogging to raise awareness of Down syndrome.  Of course my love for T21 (Down syndrome) has only grown through the years since Katie’s birth.  I think what the extra chromosome is filled with is love, love, love! I never get tired of looking at my Katie bug.  I never get tired of her presence.  I feel so much joy when I see that she is overjoyed.  Reading this blog you may think she is an only child, but that isn’t the case.  I love my son in every possible way too.  I find it easier to share my experiences about her since she can’t tell me she would be embarrassed or cringe if she finds herself the topic of every post as my son no doubt likes to tell me.  Anyway, the love I feel for my friends in the Down syndrome community can’t be explained.  We all share our love with each other over our kids—it is wonderful  to be able to share every single moment and milestone with them because they never get tired of it and they love to share too.  I have some amazing friends who are adoptive parents too.  They already have a child with Ds and they add to their families by bringing more of these beautiful children home with them.  Amazing!!  That kind of love cannot be measured.   Really, our community of Ds parents are the best group of people ever!  We come from all different walks of life and we bond and have so much pride in our children.  

Love is looking at my daughter and fully believing that she was made in the image of the Lord.  I believe her life is just as valuable as any other person living here on this Earth.  I believe she has a purpose.  I look at her and she is the definition of love in every sense of the word to me. 

Share the love you have inside yourself with someone who is hurting, who needs a shoulder to cry on, who needs eyes to help them focus, who needs ears to help them hear the words of hope, faith and love, who needs an encouraging word spoken to them.  There are so many opportunities around us every day.  Take the time to find them and be a blessing to someone.  Your heart and soul will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment