Monday, October 25, 2010

31 for 21: Day 25--Trust, Truths, Time

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.  ~William Shakespeare
I trust everyone.  I just don't trust the devil inside them.  ~Troy Kennedy-Martin, The Italian Job

Okay, now this is a quote I love!  How I love to be gullible!  I feel that sometimes I am too trusting with others.  I like to believe in the good of people.  I like to think that we are all living life to the best of our abilities.  My trust in one person has never wavered throughout the years.  Yes, my trust in God.  He has never let me down.  He always stays faithful in my corner, loving me, forgiving me, accepting me just as I am.  I never have to be anyone but me with him.  I can't say that about anyone else, not even about myself.  When we trust others, we place ourselves in a vulnerable position.  We believe that the other person won't let us down and we become disappointed, angry, sad, etc when they do.

The definition of trust is defined as assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of something or someone.  When Katie looks at me, I feel as if I can see her soul.  She is so trusting in me.  She believes in me.  Sometimes I feel like I do let her down.  Like I am not here enough.  That I am not doing enough.  I don't want to disappoint her.  She already has so many obstacles that she has/will overcome in her lifetime.  She is trusting in me to be that person that will be her strenght through her life.  The truth is, I love her with all my being.  The truth is I am doing the best I can.  The truth is she will be the last person I will ever want to disappoint.  The truth is her obstacles that she has/will overcome will be done with me by her side.  The truth is long before anyone else will believe in her, she already had my faith and trust.  I trusted the Lord to give me a beautiful child.  He did.  I trusted him to remain perfect in his reasonings of bringing her into my life.  I see his perfection in her.  I trust that whatever she deals with in this life, she will never deal with them alone.  I trust that if she can do nothing more than love, than that is enough for me.  I trust that his gift to me is one that I will continue to unwrap and savor for all of my life. 

Time is standing still for no one.  I told someone today that I love Fridays, but I live for Mondays too.  This person didn't know me.  It was just idle chit chat.  But I meant what I said.  Live your life for today.  Yes, I believe in dreaming and planning for tomorrow, but I know that if you are always waiting for that next moment in your life, you will miss the ones right in front of you.  It is hard to believe that 2 1/2 years has passed since this little sweetheart entered our lives.  I keep asking where has the time gone.  I am getting ready to hit a milestone birthday soon.  Where has the time gone?  I can still remember 15 like it was yesterday.  Do I live my life to the fullest everyday?  No, I can do better.  There is a lot of joy in all the little things everyday.  A simple hug, a belly laugh, the person letting me pull out in front of them, the thank yous, the sweet kisses from the tender lips of my little one, the first breath when I wake up and I thank God that I have another day to enjoy with those who bless my life.  The truth is we are never promised the next minute.  It can all be over in the blink of an eye.  Take the time to make someone's day brighter by giving a piece of you to them.  So many people are lonely, confused, hurting, in need of a small moment to believe in all the good of mankind.  Be that moment.  Be the time that you can't get back and trust that it is all worth it. 

Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists and expires.  ~Charles Caleb Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment