Saturday, October 9, 2010

31 for 21:Day 9--Revisiting Family,Friends,Faith,Facebook and Football!

So picking up where I left off yesterday....

Where would I be without family, friends and faith?  Probably somewhere living  a very lonely existence.  When it comes down to what really matters in life, I find that I wouldn't be complete without these three things.

Hebrews 11:1--Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
I physically cannot see the Lord with my eyes, but I do see him in all things.  I see him in the sea showing us all the beauty of what the world is mostly made up of.  I see him in the breath taking clear blue skies on a gorgeous fall day.  I see him in the 80 year old man walking slowly across the parking lot.  I see him in the love we as humans share for each other.  I certainly see him in the beauty of my children.  I look at my Katie bug and know she was created in his likeness.  Her beauty is a result of his handiwork.  I kiss her and it feels as if I am kissing an angel.  Without my faith, I am nothing. 

My family and friends are amazing too!  I am so blessed by those who share my life with me.  I walk this journey with them by my side, always supportive and full of love.  A whole new world opened up for me with K's birth.  Facebook has a lot to do with that too.  I have a supportive DS family and we are connected by FB.  I remember about a year ago being a member of FB, but not really embracing what it was all about.  I know a lot of people who don't like FB, but 500 million people are part of this social network now.  I have reconnected with long lost friends and I am able to keep up with everything this is going on with people who don't live near me.  I like asking a question and getting instant answers from friends.  I like sending a message to someone and not having to remember their email address.  I like looking at photos of events happening in my friends' lives.  I can play Farmville!  (ha!ha!--I'll save that topic for another post someday!)  Yes, you do have to be careful of what you say on the internet.  Once you hit send, there is no taking it back.  It is gone forever into a viral world that we have no control over.  But FB and the internet do have a place in my life and it has been for the good. 

Oh, and football, what can I say about football that hasn't been said in the past few weeks?  Its a great thing to watch on Sat and Sun.  We are a house divided on Sat---Bulldogs, Gators, Tigers and Wildcats.  Let's face it folks, no matter who you root for on Sat--SEC rules!  As for Sun, well there is a little guy named Tebow who has me rooting for a team I could care less about, but what's a girl to do?  Go Broncos! (quietly said of course)

I am sure that all of you out there also have strong opinions on one or all five things mentioned in this post.  Where would we be without them?  Thank you friends, family and God for loving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment