Friday, October 1, 2010

31 for 21

Okay, as I am exhausted right now, I am not really sure what to write tonight! First, thank you Michelle for being my first follower! And to Tammy for being my second. Love you guys!

October is an awesome month! The days are a little cooler now. Fall feels like it is finally approaching our area. The air conditioner runs non-stop from March until now. I am hoping that next week will see us turning the ac off. The smell of fall is in the air. The leaves are turning, the air is crisp, the days shorter. October is absolutely one of my favorite months of the year.

Everyone is pretty much aware that this is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. I love showing my support for those who are fighting or have fought this disease. This is also National Down syndrome awareness month. Did you know that Down syndrome is the most common genetic defect? We all have 23 pairs of chromosomes--one set from mom and one from dad. The 21st chromosome of our little kiddos have a little extra something. Medical professionals call it Trisomy 21 or T21; in lay terms we know it as Down syndrome. Bloggers all over try to blog all 31 days to promote Down syndrome awareness. So they call it 31 for 21. Pretty neat huh? I have enjoyed reading so many other blogs the last 2 years relating to DS. I am going to try blogging all 31 days. We shall see how that goes!

Let me start by saying that DS has done nothing but enhance our lives. I cannot imagine my life without Katie. She is beautiful and brings me so much joy. So I am blogging in honor of her and all the beautiful kiddos who also share a little extra 21 with my Katie. Now I just have to think of something to write for the next 30 days! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment