Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 28--31 for 21: Wishes and Warriors

Congratulations to Reece's Rainbow warrior Andrea Roberts for being named People's Hero of the Year!  Wow!  What an accomplishment!  She is the founder of Reece's Rainbow and is a huge advocate for adoption.  Children's lives are forever changed when they are shown that they are wanted and loved.  I have met some amazing moms through facebook and even one of our own locally who have opened their hearts and adopted a special needs child.  Now those are some moms to talk about!  What Andrea has done is opened up a world that I may never have been a part of through her advocating for these children in Eastern Europe and other countries.  Adoption has crossed my mind more than once thanks to this website.  I have prayed and cried for these children.  I look at these children and I want them all to be mine.  It breaks my heart to know that there are children even here in my town who are unloved.  These children in her ministry make my heart hurt even more when I think about no one being there to wipe their tears away or to cuddle them for months and years on end.  No one to look them in the eyes and say I love you and you are my world.  No one to rock them to sleep when they are sick.  No one to tickle them and make them giggle in fits.  No one to sing to them.  This is a reality folks.  It is happening every minute of every day here in this world.  Would you please consider checking out the link above if you feel led.  They do a Christmas angel fund every year and these children need money put into their grant funds to help them find a forever family.  If you think your one dollar or five dollars won't make a difference, you would be wrong.  If you have a group you work with, you could all go in together and make a group donation.  If money is a problem, commit to being one of these sweet angels' prayer warrior.  That is something you could freely give that would be an incredible benefit for them. 

Anyway, I just wanted to say congratulations again to a remarkable woman.  Your work matters and you are making a difference Andrea.  Thank you for opening your heart so freely and sharing these beautiful children with us. God's love shines through you.   Look for her story to run in People magazine soon.  (She was featured earlier this year and was nominated to be a finalist.) 

As for the wishes in my title, well I wish I had more time to get this post written.  I find myself writing these post close to midnight every.single.night!  I have to get to sleep so that I can function in the morning--I am definitely not a morning person.  GRRR!  So, this post will have to be continued tomorrow.  Until then.....remember to be a blessing to someone...maybe even one of the little angels at Reece's Rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment