Saturday, October 30, 2010

31 for 21--Day 30--21 things about Katie and trick or treating

1.  Katie has an amazing smile!  She lights up my world when she smiles at me. 
2.  She loves to look in the mirror at herself.  She smiles and talks to herself when she does.  My dad has a huge mirror on the floor in his extra room just for her to go and admire herself in.
3.  She is a lover of pasta.  Her favorite stuff comes right out of the box--Tuna Helper!
4.  She loves to be outside and her favorite thing to do is swing.
5.  Her favorite drinks are ice cold water and lemonade.
6.  Her favorite books are the picture books with babies in them doing various activities.
7.  She is a huge fan of the Signing Times DVD's.  She really is not interested in any tv except for these dvds.
8.  She hates to have her hair combed, but she lets me put it up everyday.
9.  Bath times are so much fun.  We say the word bath, she starts signing it and walks to the bathroom with a huge grin on her face.
10. She only crawled for a few weeks and then she started walking.
11. She has the same heart defect as her brother.  They are both in the 15% of children who are able to keep their pulmonary valves when they had their surgeries. 
12. She loves to eat a bowl of ice cream every day. 
13. We have to hide her medicine in her food so that she will take it.
14. She has some really wide feet and shoes are hard to find that will fit her properly.
15. She hasn't attached herself to any toys yet.  (dolls, stuffed animals, etc)
16. She loves to listen to music.
17. She never gets tired of playing patty cake.
18. She loves to have someone read a book to her.
19. Her first two word phrase is "go, bye-bye".
20. She loves to watch us talk to her and sign to her at the same time.
21. She cries if daddy laughs too loud.

We had a nice time tonight trick or treating.  Katie was a cutie patootie in her outfit!  I will post pictures of that in the nice few days.  She got to ride in  high style around the neighborhood.  I always enjoyed getting dressed up as a kid and trick or treating.  I remember the plastic masks you wore on your face held  together by plastic band in the back.  You had two eye slits and a slit where your nose and mouth were.  Not the most comfortable thing to wear.  You carried around a pillowcase or a brown grocery bag to get your candy in and boy did we get tons of it!  I would come home and dump all my candy on the living room floor and sort it out into brands.  I use to leave a big bowl of candy on the front porch since we are usually never home on Halloween night, but I stopped because I felt like one kid would come along and dump the whole bowl in their bag.  I like the decorations of the houses that get all into it.  I took some pictures of some decorations too that I will have to share also.  I know we have gotten into alternatives for trick or treating now such as fall festivals and trunk or treating, but I don't see anything wrong with trick or treating.  Growing up it was just a night of dressing up, going out with your friends and getting free candy.  A fun night for a kid!

We had a get together with our family also.  I am calling it the Happy Halloweenie Party as we had hot dogs, chili, slaw and plenty of other food fitting for a get together.  Blake went to the trunk or treat at church with his "girl"friends family.  Usually we do a trunk, but we didn't this year as I had already committed to having this get together and the trunk or treat was in the afternoon this time.  We watched the Florida/Georgia game together too.  (Only a few Florida fans in house, so we had to watch the Dawgs lose another one to their rivals!)  We have had another big day and I am ready to call it a night.  Another early morning awaits.  I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment