Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 13:31 for 21--Joy throughout the Journey, but not tonight

 I have already mentioned  Reece's Rainbow in a few other posts last week.  Tonight my heart is heavy as I have learned that a sweet angel girl has earned her wings and has gone home to be with Jesus.  Anne Marie lived in an orphanage in Eastern Europe.  She had a heart defect. This could have been the cause of her death, but I don't know. My heart hurts so much for this little girl who didn't have anyone to love her and hold her during her lifetime.  I wonder if she ever experienced true joy in her short life.  Of course I am rejoicing now as she is truly at home where she is fully accepted just the way she is.  I know she is thankful to be up in the Heavens out of her crib forever!  Tonight she is being held and loved by so many who were waiting for her.  She is surrounded by a joy unlike any other.  God bless sweet Anne Marie. 

Matthew 25:40--I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of my brothers of mine, you did for me.  Sadly, so many in society, see the Kaitlyns' and  Anne Maries'  as the  least of these.  Their life has no value.   I simply cannot understand why we have casted aside those who need us the most.  We have so many warriors stepping up on behalf of the least of these, but it is not enough.  I think of where we were just 50 years ago concerning a different minority group.  How one person was brave enough to believe in changing the world.  One voice becomes ten, then a thousand, then ten thousand and so forth.  For the 5,000 babies born each year with Ds, that means that 45,000 are not born due to our 90% abortion rate here in the US.  People see our children as a burden to society, they see them as suffering from their Ds.  What did our children ever do to deserve these harsh judgements?  Why does someone feel the need to tell me how I am going to feel raising my child?  If I say that she is the light of my life, and that she brings me pure joy, believe me!  The definition of joy--intense and especially ecstatic or exultant happiness.  Another definition---A source or an object of pleasure.  A joyful life is a blessed life,  a truly happy life.  I am so thankful to be living a life full of joy.

Brandon Heath sings a song that I love.  The lyrics include this passage...

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I've been missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
Ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see

Lord, thank you for opening my heart and stretching it full of your love.  I won't forget the ones forgotten.  The ones who need to feel our love and your love in every way possible.  Lord, I ask that every one has the chance to feel joy in their lives at some point.  For those waiting to find the joy of forever families, keep them safe, wrap them in your arms and let them be touched by your love and grace.  To those of you who have no joy in your life, open your eyes and look again.  It is there for you to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment