Friday, October 8, 2010

31 for 21: Day 8 Friends,Family,Faith,Football,Facebook and Fatigue!

Okay, this post is a cheating post!  Meaning, I am not going to talk about all of these things tonight.  Fatigue has set into these old bones of mine.  I can remember back in the day when staying up this late was a piece of cake.  I can't think straight when I am this tired.  Just living and loving life can be tiring even when you aren't doing anything but sitting at the computer.  Doesn't mean I stop enjoying life for one second though. 

Have you ever felt fatigued during your journey in life?  I have heard so many people say how strong I am for raising my daughter and for being so positive during all of her challenges in her short life.  What else would I do?  I love this girl immensely.  There have been days when I have cried and days when I have shouted with joy to the rooftops.  What I have learned to do is not dwell.  Women are notorious for picking apart things.  We worry too much about what other people are thinking or what they are saying.  When I am tired of Kaitlyn doing therapy every week; I just take the day off and spend it with her.  When I sit and worry about what she can't do, I start thinking of everything she can do.  I do believe that if you let worry eat at you, you will become fatigued and you will reach a breaking point. 

Remember to recharge yourself.  I lean on the Lord in difficult times, but I seek him out in the smooth times also.  It was during those first few months of K's life that I knew that I wouldn't have made it without him by my side.  My burden was his burden and still is.  When I am fatigued, I pray for strenght.  I pray for peace and understanding.  And then I start praying for those who have so much less than I, for those who face battles I cannot fathom and I find that being tired mentally is just a temporary moment for me, that I can pull out of it and keep moving forward.  And that is what I have done when fatigue has set in these past few years of my life.  I took one step at the time and it has led me exactly where I want to be.  Don't let fatigue settle in and consume your life.  You have so much to offer the world!

So, I will finish the rest of my f thoughts tomorrow.  I am going to sleep off this fatigue for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment