Sunday, October 31, 2010

31 for 21: Day 31!! I made it!

I had my doubts as to whether or not I would be able to post all 31 days.  Not because I didn't have feel that I had nothing to say, just because of time issues.  I absolutely love talking about Down syndrome and Katie!  I think of all the challenges she has overcome in her short lifetime and I knew that I would push on through this one simple challenge.  No one would have been affected by this outcome if I hadn't  completed the challenge.

I did it in honor of her and to honor her and her diagnosis.  I did it to say that you inspire me Katie to live each day full of gratitude.  I did it to help honor those who are not valued due to their diagnosis of Down syndrome.  To bring awareness to those children who have no idea that they sit in an orphange because of the very same genetic condition my daughter has.  To those in an orphanage that need to have someone to pick them up and love on them.  When I see their faces, I see Katie.  She has so many challenges ahead of her in her life, but she will never have to worry about being loved.  That grin melts her momma's heart every time.

If I give her a bath at night, we have a little ritual we share after bath time.  I dry her off standing on the counter in front of the mirror.  She loves to look at herself.  I hold her close and hug her while we are both looking at each other in the mirror.  She brings me so much happiness just by grinning at me in that mirror!  I did this challenge to bring awareness to those kids who have never had a bath, who are just wiped off with rags.  To the kids who are eating mush every meal.  My Katie and the kids here in the USA with Ds are privelaged even as we fight to make those around us aware here in the US.  We are the voice of these children and for those who have no voice.  I did it so that others will know that you don't have to feel an ounce of pity for me or my family.  We are very happy thank you very much.

I did this because we all have something in our lives we are passionate about.  Something that makes us get out of bed and gives us purpose.  When I am sharing Katie, I am sharing the love of God.  I did it to say that you are amazing Katie bug!  I am lucky you are mine!  I love you baby girl, always and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment